Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Oh to be organized!

Are you organized?
Is everything in your house in perfect order?
Are your toilets always scrubbed and is your sink always empty?
Or do people always trip on puzzle pieces and transformers when they walk in the door?
I'm the last one on that list. Oh how I try. I really do but I just get so distracted with the wonderful things in life like hide-and-seek, and texting, or even the mail. It's true! I can hear that metal box slam shut everytime the mailman leaves our porch and I run like mad, because a lot of the time there's something wonderful there waiting for me to rip open! :)
I try so hard to get things in perfect order, but what am I suppose to do with all of my receipts? And when I just finish cleaning my bathroom and my husband brings home 120 rolls of toilet paper...where the crap am I suppose to put it? I know, I know there are answers and books for me to read, but I don't want to.
People used to make fun of me when they'd come over because I kept my peanut butter in the Tupperware drawer...it was convenient and low! I could reach it and it was right by the fridge. However, I've moved it back to the cupboard this last year because I was made fun of so much.
I've been working on my sewing room all morning. I know what I need and how to make my folded fabrics look pretty, but as for the chapstick, and the spray adhesive, and cute little buckets I'm saving for market...I have no stinkin' clue! None! I guess I'll figure it out or shove it in the closet, but really these things are so hard for an indecisive, happy person like me. :( So stay tuned...maybe I'll get this crazy mess figured out and if I do, I'll post some pics for you!
Promise. Maybe.

Hugs,

9 comments:

Teresa said...

I hate cleaning my house...and those people who always have a clean house, come do mine for me! When I clean, it stays that way for about a day and the same with my sewing room! Why bother?

Jessica :) said...

Some days my house looks really good. Most days . . . it doesn't. I pretty much always have something that should be done. Dishes . . . bathroom . . . a load of laundry needs to be put away. I'm like you - I'd rather do the fun things with my baby or the crafty things that make me feel more fulfilled than cleaning.

Annalee Taylor said...

dude, Ill come organize your room, I love to organize, its my hobby... weird I know! For reals.

sistersue said...

Annalee, I hope you live by me and if you don't, I need to find a bff who does and wants to organize for me. I'm hopeless!

Unknown said...

I'm still cleaning up from Sunday dinner with the family & it is just the 2 of us! I'm glad u get excited about little things!! That's what life is about. I'd come & help u get organized but I know we would just sit & laugh & have fun all day--and as it should be!! I love you my little girl!!!

Anonymous said...

i have to say that i love to organize too! and i seriously have a cleaning disorder...i am constantly cleaning. it drives me crazy if it isn't perfect...i see crumbs and i freak out. spots on the mirror...etc...
doesn't mean my house is always spotless! if i could get pass the occasional messes i could scrapbook more, but i feel i can't ever do something creative, unless everything is clean. it's like clutter in my mind, and it really gets to me! why! i need HELP!
wish i lived by you...i'd come over and help ya!

Rissa @ Hazel and Honeysuckle said...

Our house is always a mess, so frustrating! And we don't even have kids yet - I shudder to think what it'll be like then! ;) If you find any miracle cures, do share!!

John'aLee said...

Oh when you get done with your sewing room I will LET you come over and do mine! Why is this such a hard room to get organized I wonder....
Thanks for sharing.

Greene Family said...

Ahh - I miss having an organized house, but as much as I try, it seems next to impossible with two little boys that like to distract me and have tons of fun! :) One of my New Year's resolutions is to get a few things organized around our house, but it is a slow process (again, two fun little boys that like their Mommy's attention - what more could I ask for?!).