Fresh from the drawing room floor...I've been working hard in my little corner of the world for my debut over at the Moda Bake Shop. This pouch was an idea that came amongst other projects and mistakenly just fell right in place and I really wanted to share it with my readers. The companion for this project will soon be shown over at the MBS, but for now:
The Colored Pencil Pouch:
You will need:
2.5 fat quarters
2. With strips right sides together, sew down long edges and across bottom. Turn right side out, press, and top stitch. This is your belt.
3. With 2 fat quarters cut two 16" by 17" rectangles. Cut one 16" by 17" piece with fusible fleece and apply to wrong side of one rectangle. Choose one rectangle to be your body (outer piece). Measure 5.5" from the top and pin belt across body. Sew down long edges, stopping 1/2" from the right side of body for seam allowance.4. Cut a 2" by 6" strip from .5 fat quarter. Fold top side over 1/2" and press. Fold bottom side over 1/2" and press.Fold in half, press, and sew down long edge.
Fold ends under and pin loop in place 3.5" from end of belt. Sew down both ends.
5. Apply strip of velcro 1/2" from end of body piece, but on top of belt.
6. With belt tucked in, sew both rectangles right sides together, around all four edges, leaving a 3" opening to turn. Clip corners if desired. Turn right sides out, press, and top stitch edges.
7. Fold up bottom of rectangle 5" to form a pocket. Top stitch down both sides of pocket.
8. Measure and draw 3/4" pencil pockets starting at your left seam and ending at the right seam. Be sure to avoid sewing over your belt loop on the back. You will have 20 pencil pockets when finished.Fold top in half to line up with top of pocket and sew down both ends as shown in picture below.
Fill with colored pencils!
And you're finished! Wahoo!
Now, for the giveaway! I will be giving away ONE Bliss kit (and you know this fabric won't be available until October right?) to make your own colored pencil pouch!
Here's what you have to do:
1 entry: Tell me who you'll be making this little pouch for!
2 entries: Twitter or Facebook about this giveaway and then come back and leave a comment saying you did!
3 entries: Blog about this giveaway, come back, and leave me your link so I can read it!
And remember to keep checking back. I'll announce when my project goes up at the MBS and there might be another teeny, tiny giveaway. ;)