Wednesday, September 12, 2012

The Shore Bag

 
 New pattern? What? Really?
Heck yeah!
 
The Shore Bag came about after my many adventures to the lake this summer.
I wanted a bag that wasn't too big and said, "Beach!" all at the same time.
This bag can be used as a beach bag, a purse, a diaper bag, whatever you want!
It's so versatile!
 
And don't you just love that cute baby up there! I was so excited that little Zoe was a part of my cover! Thanks Beth for another fantastic cover!
 
The pattern includes clear instructions, illustrations, and a template for the handles.
Did you notice how they curve in at the shoulder? That's for easy gripping so they don't slide off, but they still have the "chunky" look.
 
 
There is one large inside pocket and one outside pocket.
The ties allow for your bag to expand up to 8 more inches in width!
Or you can sinch it up and keep it small for quick runs to the grocery store or a stroll across town.
 
 
The pattern is available now in my shop! So go grab yourself one...and maybe your sister too!
 I am taking custom orders for a short time on this bag (in these fabrics only). If you're interested please contact me via email: tinyseamstress (at) yahoo (dot) com
 
Happy Wednesday!

17 comments:

Vanessa said...

This is too cute! I love it!

Julie said...

I love the bag...and the color combination!

Unknown said...

How much?

Anonymous said...

I love the bag and want to buy the pattern. I also LOVE the color combination. Those are my favorite colors together. I want to make the bag in those colors! Great job!

Unknown said...

If I buy the pattern could someone please make this for me??

Sandy Hartman said...

Can I order one, how much are they?

Jayme said...

OMG I LOVE! Going to visit your store.

JessicaF said...

what are the bag dimensions????

MommyMar02 said...

So cute! How can I purchase the pattern or a kit?

Maxwells said...

So I've tried looking to see if you said what fabric you used but can't find it. I think one is Lucy's crab shack, which is the other. I'm debating on the poppins bag or this one right now, it's such a hard choice!!

Kathryn said...

Love it! Great for just about everything- babies, beach, vacation, shopping . . .

Deb W. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Deb W. said...

Love this bag! I'm making it with Dear Stella Piper in "Stripe in Multi" and "Purple Zig Zag". When making the straps, it says to topstitch them and then it is to be sewn down to the bag after the sliders go on. Do you mean for it to be sewn down right over the first top stitching or sew another seam?
Thanks!

Talimonster13 said...

My handle looks shorter than yours but I followed the directions to tee. Hmmmm. Should I just add a few extra inches?

Unknown said...

Just a note of caution if you are using "The Shore Bag" pattern. If you download the pattern and print it off be sure your printer prints the handle template full size. The template should measure 4" wide. I am in the process of making this bag and did not discover this until I was ready to attach handles and they were too narrow. Thankfully I had extra fabric so I could cut more. I'm assuming my printer did not print it full size....or is the template wrong??

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I see that you have sold this pattern to McCall's. Congratulations to you. I WISH I had seen that prior to buying this one since I actually have the one from McCalls. So now I have a pattern and an extra pattern. This will be my next bag.