Thursday, June 13, 2013

Bye Bye Birdie Quilt

 I didn't really get the chance to show off more photos of my patterns before I left for market. So I'm going to try and do a post on each one, just so you can see them in a different light, other than just the cover photos. This pattern, Bye Bye Birdie is my very favorite pattern. There was a great sense of accomplishment when I finished this quilt and I'm so proud of it. It may look complex, but it's really not that difficult, just a fun spin on the flying geese method. There is no paper piecing!
 Look at those cute models! Aren't they adorable! Watch out world, they're learning to drive! ;)
This pattern is 1/2 yard friendly or fat-quarter friendly (just 2 fat quarters per flower). It is also great for showcasing larger fabric prints, as shown in the photos, with Joel Dewberry's lovely Notting Hill line. Isn't his fabric so delightful?

 This quilt finished measures approximately 76" x 76". You can also make a baby quilt with just one 22" x 22" square and add a solid 4" border around each edge -- perfect for a quick baby gift! You can purchase this pattern through your local quilt shop or online in my shop, it comes in hard copy or pdf.