Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Whew! That was tough!

I've now discovered why it's called a throwdown. Remember last season on The Next Food Network Star how they made everyone make an original dish for the competition, using random ingredients? And then the winner got to have their recipe on the Red Lobster menu? Well, I think that Kelsey Nixon (BTW, I almost know her, she's my brother's sister-in-law) won because she knew just the right ingredients to select. That's what I think of my two throwdown winners. The first place winner of the Jumbo Glam Bag is AMY HAMBERLIN:
I loooove this bag, especially the Daisy Duke-ish pockets! They're so clever! She came over to sew the night that Roni and I made ours, and I had no idea what she was doing. I just kept gazing over my shoulder wondering what she was going to do with all those pieces and then this was what she finished with! Cute huh?
And the second place winner was Jennifer:
She designed a little backpack for her boy. I thought it was darling with the straps that have little bows on the end and the handprint. She even quilted part of it! Congratulations girls! You can email me to claim your prize. Also thanks to everyone else who participated. This was a tough challenge and I was thrilled that their were so many participants...we had 19 people sign up! WOW! There were also a lot of beginners that did exceptionally well...I hope that this has encouraged you to try some more bags!

4 comments:

Natalie said...

Wow! They're so creative. Don't know if I'm that good...

Kelcie said...

Awesome! I am still going to make mine tiff, I am just enjoying not having anything to do after work, and I need to get paid before I go buy some fabric. But, I have some crazy heavy stuff to take to church and work so I am going to make me a purse/carry all awesome bag. I will email you pics when I am done.

alicia.king said...

beautiful bags! this was great! it really makes me inspired to sew! I made some curtains for the kitchen window the other night!

Jo Ann said...

I just thought I could turn out a bag for this throw down before I packed the bags and moved. I was sooooo wrong! Love love LOVE Amy's bag. Good choice! Looking at your blog and there are links to shops here in my new area! I am so happy as I am mourning not having the Quilt Shoppe as back up! Your bags are adorable, and I have some vintage raspberry pink crushed velvet that is going to be over someone's shoulder soon! Thanks for the inspiration and an exuse to break my new serger out of the box!