Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Quilting? Seriously?

Dear Readers,
Let me explain something...Quilting and sewing a bag are two entirely different things. As most of you know, I purchased my first quilt pattern the other day and decided to give it a go. While I sit in my sewing room and stare at these tiny little squares that I just spent hours cutting out, I wonder if I will ever finish this. It's slowly becoming adorable. And I love the fact that I have only used scraps so far. But it's a lot like doing a puzzle, whereas sewing a bag is more like fixing something. Roni is texting me, "haha's" every 5 minutes, but I know that I will push through this. I will get this done! And it will be look amazing hanging in my living room...I hope...maybe...please?

Also, I whipped this up the other day. This bag has been a hit with the moms out there. The size-versatility seems to really work in our favor! Watch for the pattern this fall!

3 comments:

Amy Hamberlin said...

Tiff....I can't wait to see! I'm glad you are feeling better. It's hard to enjoy the ride. I tell myself to enjoy it everyday as I watch my life fly by right infront of my eyes!

Lee and Roni Poston said...

I love that you write about quilting, and yet you post a picture of a bag. Shows what you really love. Now let's see some pics of your quilting progress. ;) lol

Greene Family said...

Good luck with your quilt! I love how you just "whip up" adorable bags! I love this latest bag - so cute!