Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Quilting? Seriously?

Dear Readers,
Let me explain something...Quilting and sewing a bag are two entirely different things. As most of you know, I purchased my first quilt pattern the other day and decided to give it a go. While I sit in my sewing room and stare at these tiny little squares that I just spent hours cutting out, I wonder if I will ever finish this. It's slowly becoming adorable. And I love the fact that I have only used scraps so far. But it's a lot like doing a puzzle, whereas sewing a bag is more like fixing something. Roni is texting me, "haha's" every 5 minutes, but I know that I will push through this. I will get this done! And it will be look amazing hanging in my living room...I hope...maybe...please?

Also, I whipped this up the other day. This bag has been a hit with the moms out there. The size-versatility seems to really work in our favor! Watch for the pattern this fall!


Amy Hamberlin said...

Tiff....I can't wait to see! I'm glad you are feeling better. It's hard to enjoy the ride. I tell myself to enjoy it everyday as I watch my life fly by right infront of my eyes!

Lee and Roni Poston said...

I love that you write about quilting, and yet you post a picture of a bag. Shows what you really love. Now let's see some pics of your quilting progress. ;) lol

Greene Family said...

Good luck with your quilt! I love how you just "whip up" adorable bags! I love this latest bag - so cute!