Thursday, November 1, 2012

Oh Halloween...


 Halloween, for some reason seems to get more difficult for me every year. Maybe it's because I have more children? Who knows. The boys asked if Remi could be Izzy, from Jake and the Neverland Pirates. So I made her a pink costume (pixie dust and all) and she wore it to the church carnival, where she drooled candy all over it and smeared a banana in it. And because I certainly did NOT have time to drop all of my cookie making and class visits on Halloween to do laundry, she didn't have her costume for the actual trick-or-treating. Thankfully, I'm obsessed with keeping all of our costumes for dressup and I was able to dig up the old inch worm costume for her. It was a little snug, but it worked! :)
 And then there's my sweet Sawyer who is right between toddler and boy size. However, he rocked his Optimis Prime costume. He was SO proud that everyone knew who he was and as usual, he scored so much extra candy for his knock-out smile and gorgeous blue eyes.
Ruger's was my favorite, purely because the situation was flat out comical and frustrating. He is growing so fast. I can't keep up! I've started giving him my clothes, just to avoid shopping! Needless to say I purchased this costume a month ago and last week it was too short. So I took it back to get a bigger size and they were all sold out! So we made it work. And the only time he put his mask on was during pictures...funny kid. The woman at Target gave me a lecture on how her children never wear masks and that mine shouldn't, blah, blah. Lame.
Here they are before the ward party. I know this photo isn't the greatest, but I was lucky to even get one at all. And now it's over and we can put all our energy into eating candy and preparing for Thanksgiving! Here I come Mom!

No comments: