This first one is just a simple clutch that I have really enjoyed having around. It's so quick and perfect for birthdays or baby gifts (stuff a few diapers in there) or even just travel.
To start you will need:
-1 yard of fabric
-1 snap or piece of velcro
-1/2 yard of fusible fleece
1. From your fabric you need to cut (4) 16" by 7" pieces for the body, as shown above and (2) 10.5" by 6" pieces for the flap.
2. From your fleece you need to cut (2) 16" by 7" pieces and apply to wrong sides of two body pieces. Then cut (1) 10.5" by 6" piece and apply to wrong side of a flap piece.
3. Fold each flap piece and each body piece in half.
4. With the flap, your going to measure to the left (as shown above) 1" and cut off excess.
5. With body, you're going to measure to the left (as shown above) 2" and cut off excess.
6. Using a glass or cup, trace around each bottom corner of both body pieces and flap pieces and cut off excess.
7. Place body pieces with fusible fleece right sides together and sew down both sides and across bottom. Repeat with other two body pieces, leaving a 3" opening in the bottom to turn later.
8. Place flap pieces right sides together and sew down both sides and across bottom.
9. As shown above, you're going to clip around all curve edges of body and flap.
10. Turn flap piece right sides out, press, and top stitch. Measure from bottom center up about 1" (on non-fusible fleece side) and add velcro or snap.
11. Turn body (with fusible fleece) right sides out and measure from the top center down about 3" and add velcro or snap.
15. After that, you're going to top stitch your 3" opening closed and then top stitch around the whole top of the bag and voila! Your simple clutch is finished!