Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Market: Day One

Ok, so I'm laying this out one day at a time for my dear sweet mother and Roni, who left her camera at home with the kids. It starts out a bit boring, but hang in there with me this week and things will get more exciting and perhaps unusually crazy as you hear about our market weekend. First off, I have to say this trip was the most incredible adventure of my life. We met people from all over the world, opportunities came, happy tears and frightened tears were shed, and life took a whole new turn for Miss Roni and I. BUT let's begin with Day One.
We arrived in Minneapolis around 6:30 pm, where we then had an interesting shuttle ride to the hotel with other Marketeers. We met up with Amy and Melda at the hotel and had a lovely dining experience. The next morning we headed straight to the convention center for set up. Here we are with a whole lot of crap and no sense of what to do with it:
Then I started bossing Roni around. Being that she was the only one able to hang anything, it was a little easier that way. :)
Then things started to fall into place. And the lower work began. This is where she started bossing me around. :(
And then 5 hours later, this happened:
It was still a bit messy, but you'll see more of it as the days pass and it will look better. We didn't consider the fact that the curtains would be completely wrinkled from the packaging until everything was hung...oh well.

I blew up a few pics of the bags and they seemed to be real eye catchers. Thank goodness.
The Glam Bags were a hit! They flew off the shelf so quickly. Every single bag sold and all of the patterns too...I'm folding more as we speak. Actually, we were lucky because we sold out of practicly everything in the booth.
Here's an upclose, from down "low" shot of the banner:
This is our attempt to take a pic of us:
This was a pic taken by the nice gentleman from across the way. OH, I have to say this, we had some incredible neighbors. Most of us were new and we just had a great time hanging out, causing trouble, and cheering each other on..ya know, all the good stuff!
So that's all for Day One...like I said, a little boring, but things will pick up tomorrow! :) Sweet Dreams.

13 comments:

Sherri said...

Everything looks great! Glad you had a successful market!

Sherri said...

Everything looks great! Glad you had a successful market!

Shari Doohikey Designs said...

Oh you are such the delightful gal! I think you are totally fab and I wanted to buy one of those purses, but I didn't get back over there!!!! GRRR!!!! You are by the greatest purse maker and I think you completely rock!!!

Susan said...

Yah, you betcha you were wonderful neighbors. We had such a great time. You are a talented gal and your uniqueness will pay off. We were so happy that things went so well for you. Cathy and I hope to see you soon on the west coast, don't you know?

alicia king said...

love your booth! and the huge photos too! you are very talented! and i still can't believe your banner quilt, it's a.mazing :)

angie said...

I am so glad it went well! I have been checking back daily hoping for some updates. Your booth looked great! Wish I could have been there. Can't wait to hear more about it!

Unknown said...

I love this--the two of u are fantastic and I'm so happy it was such a happy adventure!!

Destini said...

Yay! I'm so excited for you and Roni! I think the booth looked good - and those Glam Bags are totally awesome! Can't wait to see the rest of the Market!

Lee and Roni Poston said...

Oh! I miss you already. I can't wait to do it again, even if you were a little bossy! :) LOL I had so much fun.

Jenny said...

Your booth looked awesome. I loved it! I didn't get to see it when it was totally full and wow! did you sell a lot of your stuff. I was so happy to meet you and become friends!!!

Unknown said...

IT LOOKS LIKE YOU HAD A GGOD TIME!! I THINK THEY SHOULD HAVE A MARKET LIKE THAT HERE, SO US "UN-CRAFTY" PEPS LIKE MYSELF CAN GO AND PRETEND!!!!!
OH WAIT I WILL JUST COME VISIT YOU AND AMY THEN I CAN PRETEND ALL I WANT..CANT WAIT FOR MORE PICTURES

Greene Family said...

Your booth looked awesome! How exciting!! I'm so happy for you! It sounds like a very successful trip and so much fun for you and Roni! Can't wait to see more pictures!

Jennifer said...

Yaaay! I found you! I'm so glad I met you! You guys are just adorable! I'm a "follower" now, teehee!