Saturday, November 7, 2009

Benson and Claire

I remember when I was 10 years old and my parents and I were still debating my future with ELL surgeries. I was sitting by my mom in the bathroom while she was fixing her hair and I asked, "How will you pay for it?"
She responded by saying, "We'll sell the house if we have to."
For some families, selling their home just won't cut it. When I read this story I couldn't stop myself from tearing up and I've watched this auction go for the past few days and have been blown away by people's generosity. Just as I was when we raised money for Shriners...those little $5 donations added up quickly! These children need help and the strength of a community to get them through, so stop by and donate if you can or bid if you're looking for a super cute quilt--its the same one I'm working on right now...I love it! I don't know this family personally and I don't know Camille either (I just stalk her ;), but I think they could really use our help.

No comments: