Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Way to Easy!

Clearly my hints were way to easy! I should have known that the backyard kitchen would have given it away. I think it's safe to declare Kathy our winner out of the whopping three that participated (thanks girls). Kathy, just email me to claim your prize! She guessed it right away with Paula Deen! Can you believe that? I was so excited, I even told the lady at the post office! Classy, I know. Can you blame me though...it's Paula Deen! She's incredible! I suppose I also haven't been very secretive about my Food Network passion...I can't cook very well, but I do love that channel.
I also wanted to address two questions that I've been receiving a lot of lately.
1.) Where do you buy your fabric?
I buy it everywhere! I've been lucky to have so many quilt shops in my area with high
quality fabrics, but I also love to shop online.
Quilt Expressions is a great online store and Etsy is always a winner. If you know your designer just type in the name and the options are endless. I prefer Etsy over Ebay by a long shot! Etsy owners seem to take a little more pride in their shops and the care of their product. The black and white fabric that I made Paula Deen's bag out of is by Free Spirit and then I just found some reds that I loved to go with it.
2.) What's your best piece of advice for someone just getting started?
Never, never, never give up! Be patient and take care of your family...the rest will fall into place.

5 comments:

Kathy said...

WOW!! I'm so excited that I won!
You HAVE to tell us how Paula found you, etc. Did you speak with her? That is so very awesome. Maybe she'll have you on her show? Congrats on having a "famous" order. :o)

Amber said...

Kathy, you beat me to the punch both times now!! ha ha I was going to ask all the questions YOU are asking!! :) Great minds think a lot!

Tiffany, I cannot believe you just made a bag for PAULA DEEN...I am jumping up and down for you and I don't even know you! LOL!! That is so so so so exciting!! My mom just loves Paula Deen and I just got your pattern for the same bag!! She'll flip when I tell her about this!
Well congrats to you, girl! What a compliment this is to your sewing!!

Amber said...

alike. Great minds think alike. Mabye a lot, too, but you know-ha ha ha

Debilou ~ Mississippi Mama said...

I just found your blog today throught the "Make it and take it" blog,, I'm loving all those bags! I added your button to my blog.

Kacie said...

So i found your blog through make it and love it! I LOVE your bags. I want them so bad. I have never sewed in my life but I am trying to learn right now so I would like to order! bUt since I dont know what I am doing would you be able to explain to me what cmes with the pattern? Probably not the fabric huh! my email is
kacie.p@hotmail.com
Thank you!