Wednesday, October 17, 2012
The bags will look exactly as they look in this post and each one comes with a custom handstitched tag, by yours truly. :)
So no worries, there should be plenty and I will try and get some of the fabrics listed in the shop as well, for those of you looking for it to sew with.
Thanks so much for all of the support! I love you guys...really!
Posted by Tiffany at 4:13 PM
Tuesday, October 16, 2012
Thanks for posing for me on your first day, even though you "thought" we were late. :) Love you dude!
Posted by Tiffany at 1:54 PM
Wednesday, October 3, 2012
Now that my boys are getting older, I'm thinking that their little old Halloween buckets aren't going to cut it anymore. These two are so excited for trick or treating this year, they have their costumes all picked out, our calendar is scribbled with parties, and of course they are SO excited to fill up on candy.
I have had this design in my mind for months and haven't known what to use it for and then it hit me, HALLOWEEN of course! The tote starts out small, you know, for when you just get started, but then as the night goes on and your bag fills up, you can unfold it and it gets double in size! I really love it! Do you? I hope so, because I've made a tutorial for you to make your own! :)
Should we get started?
You will need:
- 1/2 yard of fabric for the outside body
-1/2 yard fabric for the lining
1. Cut two 18" tall by 16" wide pieces for body.
2. Cut four 2" by 9" pieces for body handles.
1. Cut two 18" tall by 16" wide pieces for lining.
2. Cut four 2" by 9" pieces for lining handles.
1. Handles: You're going to make four handles total, as shown above. Begin first by pinning two body handle pieces right sides together and sew down both long edges. Turn right sides out, press, and top stitch (1/4") down both long sides. Repeat, until you have two body handle pieces and two lining handle pieces as shown above.
2. Handle Placement: Mark the top center of each lining piece. Measure from the top center to the right 2" and center end of one handle piece facing UP. Measure from the top center to the left 2" and center the other end of the same handle piece. Sew both ends in place. Repeat with another handle on the other lining piece.
Measure from the top center down 9 1/2" for lower handles. Measure to the right 2" of the 9 1/2" marking and center end of one handle piece facing DOWN. Measure to the left 2" of the 9 1/2" marking and center the other end of the same handle piece. Sew both ends in place. Repeat with last handle on the other lining piece.
Note: On my lower handles, I tucked the ends under before sewing in place so I would have a clean edges. This is optional.
4. Lining: Place both lining pieces (the ones with the handles) right sides together. Sew down both 18" sides and across the bottom, leaving a 3" in the bottom to turn.
5. Bag Assembly: Place body inside of lining with right sides together and pin around top edges with seams LINED UP and handles TUCKED IN. Sew around the entire top edge.
Now your little guy/girl is ready for a FULL night of trick-or-treating! I am making each of my children a tote to match their costumes! They are so excited to fill them up as much as they can! :)
Posted by Tiffany at 11:33 AM